Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Chapter 1

My husband had been gone (passed away) six months now, and I had finally decided to make some changes. I wanted to remodel the house. It was just too painful looking at all the reminders and it was just time to move on or at least go back to living life. I had just gotten home from the office, coming through the door, tossing my keys and purse on the entry table.

I made my way to the kitchen, carrying my mail with me. I fixed a glass of ice water, leaned my hip against the counter and flipped through my mail. As always nothing but junk mail. I had just finished tossing the advo's in the trash, when there was a knock on the door. That must be the painter. The contractor had gotten most of the inside work done and now he was sending a painter to do the outside. The only room I hadn't done was the bedroom, because I wanted to go through my husband's stuff first before remodeling the room.

Opening the door, I beheld the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. He was wearing a t shirt, jeans and work boots. His clothes looked like they were painted on. He had the face of a God. Tanned. Chiseled. Perfect nose. His eyes, a dark midnight blue. And his smile.....dazzling. I could hear my name being called. It sounded far away, when I realized he was talking to me. The poor man was introducing himself to me.

"My name is Jon. Are you Tina?"

Giving myself a mental shake, I replied, "Yes. Yes, my name is Tina," shaking his outstretched hand. His grip sent tingles up my arm. We discussed what needed to be done and he said he would be back the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment