Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Chapter 3

A lone tear trickled down my face and he caught it with his thumb and wiped it away. "Tina," Jon said, "tell me, what's wrong? Does it have to do with those boxes?"

I shook my head, "MmHmm." Looking at the boxes briefly, then back at Jon, "My husband died about six months ago. This is the first I have been able to deal with his belongings, but it is still hard."

"I'm sorry," Jon said.

"Thank you," I said, walking back through the door to the house and picked up another box. Jon followed and also grabbed a box. I set my box on top of another and turned to Jon, as he set his down, and said, "You know I haven't even thought of men, going out with them, anything. And then you come into my life. You make me feel." I walked up, moving closer to Jon, looking up into his beautiful sapphire blue eyes. God, this man made her want to be with a man again. I could feel this magnetic pull of our souls, like it was OK to do this. "Jon, when you touched me earlier, it was heaven. It felt so good. I've missed that... a man's touch, the feel of his body next to mine, his smell."

At this point, we were standing toe to toe, chest to chest. I searched his eyes, his face, for a reaction or a hint of his feelings. If it was possible his eyes got even darker, looking almost black. I could see his desire, unspoken. Jon reached up with both hands, cupped my face, and kissed me softly. OOOHHH GGGOODDDD! I was dying inside. His lips were so warm and soft. My body was screaming for this man. Jon stopped kissing me and looked at me, a slight rise to his eyebrow, a small smile on his face, like he was reading my thoughts, saying yes, to my unspoken question. I took his hand and lead him back inside the house, thankful he didn't hesitate. I would have been mortified if he had, and I don't think I would have had the nerve to ask again.

No comments:

Post a Comment